Flybe inaugural flight images from Heathrow at 0750 this morning.
Heathrow Operations Director Derek Provan said:
“Earlier this year Heathrow reduced domestic passenger charges by £10 and it’s great to see the benefits of that coming through with Flybe’s new services to Aberdeen and Edinburgh boosting choice for our passengers.
“More airlines flying routes to Scottish airports means more flights, more choice for families and more visitors to Scotland. With Flybe operating from the award-winning Terminal 2, Scottish passengers and businesses now have direct access from Heathrow to over 180 global destinations including some of the fastest growing export markets around the world. We’re delighted to welcome them to the Heathrow family.”
Notes to editors:
Image 1 (from left):
- A Scottish dancer and piper
- Derek Provan, Heathrow Operations Director
- SNP Spokesperson for Transport Drew Hendry, MP
- Simon Laffin, Flybe Chairman
- Christine Ourmieres-Widener, Flybe CEO
- Ian Murray, MP, Scottish Labour Westminster spokesperson Ian Murray MP
- Aircraft pilots and air hostesses
Image 2: Flybe Dash 8 Q400 touches down at Heathrow.